Discarded ashes put firemen into action



Firemen from two departments spent a couple of hours Thursday afternoon battling a fire that spread into woods as the result of discarded ashes.

Pulaski Fire Chief Bill Webb said his department received the brush fire call just before 4 p.m., but the blaze grew into a woods fire before it was extinguished. He said ashes being discarded outside a residence on Cox Hollow Road caused the fire.

For the rest of this article purchase a copy of the print edition or subscribe to our E-Edition here http://www.etypeservices.com/The%20Southwest%20TimesID108/




3 Responses to Discarded ashes put firemen into action

  1. Va Girl

    March 28, 2014 at 2:34 pm

    This fire concerned my family and several friends/families who have property close to where this fire was. GREAT JOB to the fire departments for containing it quickly.

    What also concerns me is there have been at least THREE fires I know of in this immediate vicinity in recent years. Strange…..wonder why?

  2. Diane

    March 30, 2014 at 7:39 pm

    I Thank the fire department. They tried to save our home in 2010 which we lost everything. This happened in the same area. My Husbands family all live here and our fire was due to electrical. And the ashes was due to an accident. So needless to say things do happen in the same area but, not due to anything going on.

    • va girl

      March 31, 2014 at 9:03 am

      Thanks for sharing that. Some folks in the area were concerned I’ve since learned of 4 fires on it or adjoining properties in the last few years. It must simply be bad luck for lack of a better way to say it

You must be logged in to post a comment Login