Roof repair leads to fire damage



A Fairlawn home was damaged by fire Saturday as the result of roof repairs.

Randy Miles, chief of Fairlawn Fire Department, said the fire was started when a piece of tin being used on the roof got too close to the electrical power entering the house and “arced.”

Miles said the 11:28 a.m. call came into the fire department as fire and smoke within the walls of the home, at 7037 Young Road. Firefighters removed siding and interior paneling and use water and extinguishers to put out the fire. Damage was estimated at $2,000.

The department was back in service at 12:30 p.m.






You must be logged in to post a comment Login