Truck catches fire in Wendy’s drive-thru


putting out the fire-WEB

Wendy's truck fire, Ron huff pic-WEB



A truck caught fire in the drive-thru lane of Wendy’s in Pulaski Thursday afternoon, but was extinguished before it could spread to the building.

Pulaski Fire Chief Bill Webb said a call came in to the department at 2:02 p.m. that a vehicle was on fire in the drive-thru of the East Main Street restaurant. It was initially thought the 1998 Dodge truck was at the order pickup window, but upon arrival it was in the exit lane nearer the street.

Webb said firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it could spread to the building. The truck, valued at $3,500, was a total loss.

Ronald Huff said he was at the Hess store next door when he noticed the truck smoking. He said he thought a radiator hose had burst, but as he pulled out of the Hess parking lot the truck suddenly burst into flames.

It was reported to dispatchers that two containers of gasoline were in the bed of the truck, but Webb couldn’t confirm the report. He said the fire didn’t reach the cans if there were some.



You must be logged in to post a comment Login