Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Fan motor smokes up DMS auditorium

DMS fire callBy MELINDA WILLIAMS

melinda@southwesttimes.com

 

Smoke from a fan motor filled the Dublin Middle School auditorium with smoke early this morning, but the incident didn’t impact the school day.

Dublin Fire Department Deputy Chief Jeff Saunders said school resource officer Deputy Perry Hodge found light smoke in the auditorium when he arrived at the school around 4:30 a.m.

Firefighters and school maintenance personnel responded to the scene and discovered the smoke was coming from a fan motor in the ventilation system. The fire department used fans to clear smoke from the building and cleared the scene at 6 a.m.

Saunders said the department had just cleared a fire alarm activation call at FedEx in Pulaski County Corporate Center on Pepperell Way around 4 a.m. when the DMS call was received. That call was dispatched around 3 a.m.

Comments

comments

3 Responses to Fan motor smokes up DMS auditorium

  1. Casper

    May 10, 2014 at 8:44 am

    One of the issues I have with your online reporting is you use statements like “early this morning.”

    The online page doesn’t have a date and you have not mentioned what day it is. How am I to know when this occurred?

    • Editor

      May 12, 2014 at 12:10 pm

      That is a valid point and I will pass this along to our Editor. Thank you.

  2. Connie Owens

    May 12, 2014 at 2:19 pm

    Thank God we have a resource officer that gets to school early enough to check the school. Pulaski County sheriff’s office is very fortunate to have a deputy like Perry Hodge on the force. He is very good with the children at the school and the perfect mentor to the children. We at Dublin Middle School are very blessed to have him.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login