By MELINDA WILLIAMS
HILLSVILLE — More than 50 people at a Hillsville produce packing plant were transported to hospitals Tuesday afternoon due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carroll County Sheriff J.B. Gardener said at least three people were airlifted to Duke University Hospital for additional treatment.
Twin County 911 dispatch received the call of a possible carbon monoxide poisoning at Virginia Produce around 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to Gardner, “several” people were outside the building, complaining of headaches, dizziness, nausea and difficulty breathing when rescue units arrived on the scene.
For the rest of this article purchase a copy of the print edition or subscribe to our E-Edition here http://www.etypeservices.com/The%20Southwest%20TimesID108/