Harrell gets new charge: bond revoked

Harrell, Angelia Paige-1By MELINDA WILLIAMS

A new charge prompted a Pulaski County judge Friday to revoke the bond of Angelia Paige Harrell, who is accused of embezzling from the high school cheerleading program.

Special prosecutor Erin DeHart requested the bond revocation as the result of a new felony shoplifting charge filed against Harrell in Prince William County April 13. The new charge came less than three weeks after Circuit Court Judge Marcus Long Jr. required Harrell to post a $25,000 surety bond as the result of a Jan. 10 felony shoplifting charge in Arlington County.

DeHart pointed out the circumstances alleged in the latest charge are similar to those alleged in the January incident.

According to DeHart, Prince William County prosecutors allege Harrell shoplifted $688 worth of clothing from Kohl’s in that county April 13. Authorities contend Harrell concealed clothing under a baby blanket in the bottom of her child’s stroller, in the seat behind her child and in some zippered compartments.

For the rest of this article purchase a copy of the print edition or subscribe to our E-Edition here http://www.etypeservices.com/The%20Southwest%20TimesID108/

Comments

comments

78 Responses to Harrell gets new charge: bond revoked

1. Karma

April 29, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Shoplifting clothes and hiding them in your baby’s stroller is clearly the sign of a disturbed person with PROBLEMS. However, since she does not have the EXTRA income coming from her previous job, I am sure she needs the money. A thief will always be a thief, whether they are stealing from someone else’s available funds, students oppurtunities for scholarship ( this is her most heinous crime) or clothes from Kohls. She needs to be punished for her crimes. Bring this case to court! Enough is enough. Let a judge or jury decide her fate. This has been put off way too long.

• Shanon

April 30, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I totally agree!
      She needs to pay for what she has done.
      Anyone else in this situation would have already paid.

2. curious

April 30, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I was wondering if I was the only one who suspected that she was using meth. A picture is worth a thousand words and this one is priceless. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this whole thing out. She was supporting a drug habit the whole time. Her addiction has gotten much worse obviously to the point that she can no longer hide it. NO ONE is immune to becoming an addict, it happens to some of the best of people and she is no exception. I hope she gets the help that she needs.

• Angie

April 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Those marks on her face look like meth marks.
      Funny how ms proper has ended up like this.
      Funny!

• Va Girl

May 1, 2014 at 11:06 am

I thought same, but it COULD be stress. She’s certainly put herself under a lot of it. That said if it is a meth problem how’d she get involved with people who could supply it to her? Heck, I live in Pulaski and don’t know anyone who uses it nor how I’d figure out how to obtain it! (And don’t want to.)

3. Former cheerleader

April 30, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I have to say that she is getting exactly everything that she deserves. She had been let off the hook for far too long and it’s about time someone does something.

4. karma

April 30, 2014 at 7:13 pm

In defense of the Michael Parks family; he has ended his relationship with Angie. He ended that relationship when she was arrested after the Kohls incident.

5. concerned

April 30, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Obviously, by looking at her complexion, she has a meth problem. How about getting this trial started?????!!!!!!!

6. curious

April 30, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I am a proud resident of Prince William Co. and believe me….they do not tolorate stealing. Mr. Ebert{prosecuting attorney} is very hard on these crimes. I’m wondering if Child protective services took custody of the child, they usually do. I know everyone is upset with Miss Harrell but I really think the girl needs serious help. I don’t condone what she has done but it sounds like a cry for help.

7. alumni

April 30, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I am sorry for what the family is going through with but why would anyone in their right mind let her take care of any child. First of all, that child should have been taken away from her before now. Also, why have other people in this county have been in jail for similar crimes but this one has already had 5 continuances. Why has this been done. I know of a black lady in the county that stole and she has been in jail ,is this because of color. She needs to ask why.Its time people in this county start speaking up and asking why. There is so much that goes on here of who you are. Pulaskians, you need to open your eyes and ears open and see. One thing I just found out a lot of people on Little Creek haven’t paid a trash bill since Pulaski County took the trash over back in 1989. So how do you feel about this.As I said start asking questions.

• anonymous

May 1, 2014 at 11:43 am

what does Little Creek trash bill have to do with Angie….he that is without sin, let him first cast the stone

• Town Citizen

May 1, 2014 at 4:18 pm

What does this situation have to do with The County and people on Little Creek? It sounds like you have a problem with the County.If so MOVE! I would suggest you get the thorn out of your own eye first.

8. Bill bob

April 30, 2014 at 9:46 pm

You people need to learn to mind your own business we all make bad choices in our life

• Lola

May 1, 2014 at 7:55 am

I personally think that involving your child in a criminal act and at least 2 counts of felony shop lifting is more than a bad choice.

• dlp

May 1, 2014 at 6:52 pm

This is a open forum, open for discussion Bob. Obviouslybyour a tad bit nosey and curious if your commenting after reading…..hhhhmmmmmm????

• andrew farmer

May 3, 2014 at 9:00 am

Agreed, Bill Bob!

9. angel jones

April 30, 2014 at 11:01 pm

I don’t know her and I hope the lord will help her get back on the right path.I don’t see anything funny about the down fall of anyone..drugs are so bad they can take such a strong hold on even the best people drugs ruin the lives of young,old,rich,poor..thinking that this is funny in anyway is heartless..we should pray that her incararation helps her to get her life back and we should pray for her children and her family that they may be able to get along ok without her..remember that everyone of us are loved she’s someones daughter,sister,mother,

• ...

May 1, 2014 at 11:21 pm

People tend to forget that we are ALL a mother, father, daughter etc and it is appalling. So many individuals thrive off of the failure of others and it truly is sickening. She still has a family that are going through a wide range of emotions that need their community to show compassion. Where is the decency? I know we’ve all heard the saying two wrongs don’t make a right. I read a post the other day that read we all have chapters in our our book that we don’t want read. Isn’t that the truth?

10. Mrs. M

May 1, 2014 at 8:42 am

Admittedly I derived a great deal of pleasure from Angie Harrell’s first and second arrest,having had multiple bad experiences with her in the past.

However, it is now clear that Angie has some serious deep-seeded issues and has hit rock bottom.

Whatever her “diagnosis” is, I now hope she finds wellness and peace while paying for her crimes and pray for her child and her family.