Harrell gets new charge: bond revoked

Harrell, Angelia Paige-1By MELINDA WILLIAMS

A new charge prompted a Pulaski County judge Friday to revoke the bond of Angelia Paige Harrell, who is accused of embezzling from the high school cheerleading program.

Special prosecutor Erin DeHart requested the bond revocation as the result of a new felony shoplifting charge filed against Harrell in Prince William County April 13. The new charge came less than three weeks after Circuit Court Judge Marcus Long Jr. required Harrell to post a $25,000 surety bond as the result of a Jan. 10 felony shoplifting charge in Arlington County.

DeHart pointed out the circumstances alleged in the latest charge are similar to those alleged in the January incident.

According to DeHart, Prince William County prosecutors allege Harrell shoplifted $688 worth of clothing from Kohl’s in that county April 13. Authorities contend Harrell concealed clothing under a baby blanket in the bottom of her child’s stroller, in the seat behind her child and in some zippered compartments.

For the rest of this article purchase a copy of the print edition or subscribe to our E-Edition here http://www.etypeservices.com/The%20Southwest%20TimesID108/

Comments

comments

78 Responses to Harrell gets new charge: bond revoked

1. andrew farmer

April 29, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Angie is obviously struggling, but please refrain from dragging the Parks family through the mud with ridiculous gossip and claims. They are one of the most dignified, hardworking, and honest people I’ve ever known. Michael doesn’t have the authority to pull strings, so don’t say any ridiculous crap like that. Also keep in mind he has served our country both faithfully and honesty, with the up moat integrity for nearly two decades. His parents have also worked tirelessly for many years to serve both the youth of our community, and the community itself as educators with impeccable track records. The comments I’ve seen regarding these GREAT people on other articles has disgusted me, and made me ashamed (at times) to be a Pulaski native and furthermore a human. Please try, as hard as it may be to salvage some thread objectivity, kindness, and consideration for a family that not only doesn’t deserve to be libeled and slandered, but deserve to be honored for their lifes work of laying a foundation for the next generation of residents, and productive citizens. I feel so honored to know them, and would be more than happy to have my name drug through the mud with them, just for the chance to have it associated with theirs.

Please keep this in mind.

• Va Girl

April 29, 2014 at 3:54 pm

If you don’t like the posts best you not read what we have to say. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. I understand your attempting damage control, but Angie has done the damage herself and there’s no going back now.

Alcoholics, those addicted to smoking, or to overeating struggle. Angie is not “struggling”. She’s continually re-offending without regard to the law…and to hide what she’s stealing in her child’s baby’s buggy? Holy cow.

Have you ever heard of a conscience? It’s a moral sense or inner feeling God gives each person to guide us to do right. We all have the choice to listen to that inner voice or ignore it. (Called a still small voice in the Bible.)

In closing, it’s sad to hear you’re ashamed (at times) to be a resident of Pulaski as well as a human. I’ve never been ashamed to be either. Quite happy to be both actually.

• scoot perkins

April 29, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Farmer that is ashamed to be a pulaski native… you mean to tell the proud natives of pulaski county that you are ashamed because they have an opinion about a low life educator that stole from…CHILDREN!!!!! You are some kind of idiot! I 100% can see why you are upset about people dragging other people through the mud but shut up about it here where people who have been affected by the situation come to voice what they know or feel. I understand that you wanna do the same thing but you are in the wrong pal and im sure that im not the only person to feel this way. She is a thief without a doubt and anyone that defends her after what she did with that program is right there with her. Shame on you for trying to make people feel guilty about their opinions on some one who robbed kids. I personally am ashamed to be a fellow pulaksian to sure an idiot like you

• andrew farmer

April 30, 2014 at 10:34 am

I’m the idiot? You obviously didn’t read my post. I’m not defending Angie. I’m referencing the comments made about her entirely innocent inlaws made on the other articles. Why is that so hard to understand?

• scoot perkins

April 30, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Yes you’re an idiot to come on here and try to make people feel guilty because they were affected by this. You havent been so shut up! If the inlaws defend her then they should be put through the mud. Children had someone that they looked up too lie to them everyday, what does that teach them? Doesnt that speak for itself? I guess you my friend are just anothe PC resident that has had this fly right over your head. But dont be surprised its easy to see why you dont get it… YOU’RE AN IDIOT!!!!

• andrew farmer

April 30, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Yes your atrocious grammar made that very hard to decipher. You’re lack of objectivity and comprehension skills show you’re lack of intelligence. But, I will refrain from the elementary name calling, and try to talk my brain cells from pulling the gun out of their mouth after reading your post.

• dlp

April 29, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Dont think the comments are regarding the integrity, hardworking and honest family members. I believe the comments are directed and are for the lying, cheating and stealing of mrs. Harrel. Now ask yourself, when she was pocketing the money, was she thinking of the GREAT name of her family? She deserves what ever penalty or term the law allows. You see, she deceived, stole and lied to this community for years, and worse…she took from students and families of a cheerleading squad for personal gain. Do you think the hard working families are not allowed to be mad, discusted for seeing mrs. Harrel fall through the cracks of a system with no punishment to attest to, until now? I think the parents of these kids have earned every right to say what they feel regardless if it offends mrs. Harrel or those alike.

• andrew farmer

April 30, 2014 at 6:17 pm

I’m not defending Angie, and the comments referred to innocent people unrelated to the charges by name, and were reinforced with outright lies.

• Redbone

April 30, 2014 at 11:09 am

Andrew,
      I really hope none of those people making those comments ever have to go through hard times or have any problems in their life or their families. They would deserve every bit of it, but I still honestly hope they don’t. That’s mostly because I’m not a terrible human being and am capable of showing compassion. And as for the Bible comment, you must not have gotten to the part yet where it says you aren’t supposed to judge other people. I hope making those hateful, judgmental, comments made your miserable life a little better today.

• Va Girl

April 30, 2014 at 11:38 am

Redbone, You’re saying those who simply see Ms. Harrell for what she is “deserve” to go through the same? WOW. So you’re saying we should all become lowly CROOKS? Hard to go through what she is unless we become criminals as well.

I love how you quote the Bible about not judging. Yet it’s OK for you to judge us as being “miserable”, and declare we “deserve” to go through something that we could only go through if we stole. Ever read in the Bible how you’re not supposed to wish ill will on anyone? Or you prefer only to quote what makes you feel right in your own mind?

• Redbone

April 30, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I clearly said that I hope you or your family DON’T ever have any problems in your life. I never said anything about going through what she is.
          I also didn’t quote anything, just observed someone referencing God and the Bible, and then doing something that God and the Bible say not to do. I personally don’t believe in that particular book, but to each their own.
          I also never wished ill will on anyone, in fact the exact opposite. I can only infer from your attitude that your life is, in fact, miserable. Why else would you take such joy in the suffering of others? Why do you take such joy in condemning them?

• Va Girl

April 30, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Redbone, I assure you my life is wonderful. Very, much so. Also assure you I’ve never taken pleasure or joy from others’ misery. Where’s that off the wall idea come from?

BUT, please note you said (and I quote directly from your post): “They would deserve every bit of it.” You say you hope it never happens yet say they deserve the same??

You say you’re capable of compassion, well only if someone agrees with you. Otherwise you’re as spiteful as you accuse me of being.

Have a nice day. I promise you I’ll do the same.

• andrew farmer

April 30, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Redbone, thank you. Now you see what I’ve been dealing with. None a single accurate takeaway from anything I say. Twisting our words around to reinforce a faulty argument.

• Va Girl

May 2, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Andrew, contemplating suicide is nothing to joke about whether or not it’s posted as some sort of “joke” to get a point across. I see why your posts are more closely moderated.

• andrew farmer

May 3, 2014 at 8:56 am

Contemplating suicide? Are you really incapable of understanding even the most basic of text? I never once stated anything about me personally killing myself. My jokes even exceed your intellect.

• Va Girl

May 4, 2014 at 8:27 am

Andrew, you are certainly quite impressed with yourself aren’t you?

Here’s what you posted in case you forgot:

“I will refrain from the elementary name calling, and try to talk my brain cells from pulling the gun out of their mouth after reading your post.”

Whether you are able to understand or not that IS a sick joke about suicide. Just because you’re referencing brain cells doesn’t change that fact. You refer to having a gun in their mouths which is crass and uncalled for.

As for your jokes being too intellectual for me (or anyone else). Get over yourself. I hope SWT bans you if you ever refer to anything related to having a gun stuck in the mouth of ANYTHING. No matter how funny you think it is I bet no one else on this board does. It’s distasteful at best. Downright disgusting actually. Shows a very, sick frame of mind.

2. Curious Reader

April 29, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I am trying to figure out why you felt the need to post this comment on this particular article. No other names were mentioned in the article. YOU are the one who is bringing the Parks family name up!! This article is solely based around Angelia Harrell’s wrong doings and charges.

• andrew farmer

April 29, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Nor were they mentioned in any other article, yet the comments rampant. I’m not referencing the article, I’m referencing the comments on every single other article posted. Wow, reading comprehension isn’t what it used to be.

• Va Girl

April 30, 2014 at 10:17 am

Andrew Farmer, you are nasty individual. Pretty clear why you would support a common thief like Ms. Harrell. Birds of a feather do flock together.

• andrew farmer

April 30, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Actually, I’m a very kind and considerate individual, and never defended Angie for a second, only the innocent people drug into this by the mass public of sheep. You obviously are incapable of absorbing basic text, which is not surprising. Someone should employ a lifeguard at your gene pool.

• Read the comment again and then once more

May 1, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Va girl: seriously did you not even read andrew’s comment?? Apparently not, or else you have the reading comprehension of an ant. Let me be clear: HE’S SAYING MS HARRELL SHOULD BE FULLY CHARGED but her innocent family should NOT be and that people should not JUDGE them because they did NOT break the law

3. Lola

April 29, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I’m not bringing her family into the conversation. However, crime is news and if she wants to stay out of the newspaper she needs to quit breaking the law. Looking at her face makes me wonder if meth is involved. Jail might be the best thing for her.

• andrew farmer

April 29, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Throw her under the bus all you want, but her inlaws committed no crimes. What a surprise that my point flew over the head of another PC resident.

• Lola

April 30, 2014 at 8:39 am

Your point was not missed and it was addressed. I will say, your addiction (kleptomania) defense made me lol. Kleptomania is a mental disorder. Ms Harrel is a plain ole common thief.

4. wow

April 29, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Looks like she has meth scabs on her face. What a piece of garbage to use her child to steal. I hope they put her under the jail

5. PCHS Alumni

April 29, 2014 at 4:21 pm

It’s about time she be behind bars. This was a long time coming. Who else manages to go four years out of jail with charges such as these…… No one! You do the crime, you have to pay the time!

6. andrew farmer

April 29, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I doubt any meth dealers would take womens clothing as a form of currency. Kleptomania is an addiction, in and of itself.

• Va Girl

April 30, 2014 at 10:24 am

So…would you consider peodophilia an “addiction”…or a CRIME OF CHOICE? Would you consider a drug dealer who refuses to quite selling an “addict” who was “struggling” or a CRIMINAL? How about drunk drivers who choose to continue to get on the road with revoked license? Addiction to drive or someone who simply chooses to BREAK the law?

For the rest of us on this board who are not (1) ashamed to be human or (2) ashamed to live in Pulaski or (3) blind to recognize a common thief whose only problem is GREED…..we should ignore your posts. I know I am going forward. Reading your posts makes my skin crawl.

• Redbone

April 30, 2014 at 11:43 am

Va Girl, it sure is ironic that you’re the only person to post about God and the Bible on this thread, and you are also the one doing most of the name calling and judging. What does that say about you?

• Va Girl

April 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm

uhhhh Redbone? I only responded to you because you brought the Bible up poking at others. I am not judging in the least. Just looking at the facts and discerning as we are told to do. But yet you still judge me…what does that say about you??

As for name-calling? Please show me one time I’ve called anyone a “name”?

• andrew farmer

May 3, 2014 at 8:53 am

Comparing this to pedophilia? Hahaha you are seriously lacking.

• andrew farmer

May 3, 2014 at 11:16 am

You’re not judging? Obviously you don’t know the meaning of that word.

• curious

April 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Andrew Farmer, don’t be too sure of that. My ex-husband was a severe meth addict and he would steal anything he could get his hands on. I started noticing my jewelry missing, home interior pictures that I wasn’t using came up missing and who knows what else. So yes, I do believe that the dealers will take any form of payment that they can get because they can in turn sell the stuff. One thing people need to understand is that meth gets such a hold of their victim that they are willing to give up anything and everything they have to get it.

7. Mike

April 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Mr andrew farmer you must remember people judge you by the company you keep so it is only natural for some people to bring up Mr Parks since he is her boyfriend and father of her child.Not married..Wow hiding $688 worth of clothing in the baby stroller.Also I heard from a good honest source from the School System that Angelia Paige Harrell is in jail so Prince William County didn’t give her a slap on the wrist.Lets hope she don’t get a slap on the wrist for what she did at the High School ether.

• andrew farmer

April 30, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I could only hope that I would be judged for mu association with a wonderful family. I wasn’t even speaking about Angie, people seem to miss that very basic point.

8. radford1

April 29, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I was wondering the same thing if meth is being used and a meth head will use their kids to get what they need

9. marlene ledbetter

April 29, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I quite agree its not about the family she definately has the problem,I do not feel the least bit sorry for her, she needs help by the looks of the sores on her face people need to stop with the denials and pity for her and demand she gets help. Addicts always look for pity that’s why they don’t recover they get crippled or buried

10. Anthony Phillips