Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Electrical fire destroys vacant Brookmont home

By MELINDA WILLIAMS

melinda@southwesttimes.com

 

An electrical fire destroyed a vacant residence on Brookmont Road late Wednesday.

Pulaski Fire Chief Bill Webb said firefighters were dispatched to the structure fire at 4978 Brookmont Road around 11:12 p.m. The first units on the scene found heavy fire in the rear of the structure, which was partially log construction.

The fire was determined to be the result of an electrical failure in the kitchen ceiling. Webb said the structure was determined to be a total loss, with damages estimated at $35,000.

Pulaski Fire Department responded with two engines, an equipment truck and 17 personnel. Draper Volunteer Fire Department assisted with a tanker and three personnel. REMSI also responded.

Firefighters were back in service at 2:45 a.m.

Comments

comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login