By CALVIN PYNN
Part of downtown Pulaski including a section of Dora Highway will be closed to through traffic on Saturday, April 5 from approximately 8:30 to 11 a.m.
The streets are being closed in support of the “Color Me Cameron 5K run and walk.” The color run is a celebration of Cameron Fitzwater’s life that tragically ended in a single vehicle accident on Interstate-81 in Pulaski County, two months shy of his high school graduation.
All proceeds generated from the color run will benefit “The Cameron Fitzwater Memorial Scholarship Fund.” You can find out more about the event and register at www.active.com Color Me Cameron.
The following streets will be closed during the event:
• South Jefferson Avenue from 1st Street SW to West Main Street;
• West Main Street at north Jefferson Avenue to East Main Street and Duncan Avenue;
• One lane of 3rd Street NE to north Washington Avenue;
• A portion of north Madison Avenue from East Main Street to 5th Street NE;
• North Washington Avenue at 3rd Street NE to south Washington Avenue at 1st Street SW;
• Dora Highway from south Washington Avenue to Birch Street;
• Commerce Street between south Washington Avenue to Valley Road; and
• 1st Street NW to 1st Street NE to Duncan Avenue.
West bound traffic on Dora Highway at Birch Street will be detoured onto Birch St. to Russell St. to 5th South East to South Washington Avenue. South bound traffic on south Washington Avenue will be detoured onto 1st Street SW to south Jefferson Avenue to 2nd St. SW to Valley Road to Randolph Avenue.
All streets will re-open as soon as the event is concluded. Citizens are reminded to consider this event while planning their Saturday schedules.