Former cheerleading coach Angelia Paige Harrell was allowed to remain free on bond Thursday, but she was required to post surety to cover the bail if she fails to appear in court.

Harrell has been free on personal recognizance bond since she was charged in September 2012 with three counts of embezzlement from the local high school cheerleading program. That means she was released without having to guarantee the bond by posting cash, real property or hiring a bail bondsman.

Due to a felony shoplifting charge filed against Harrell in Arlington County in January, a Pulaski County judge Thursday required Harrell to guarantee the $25,000 bond. She was required to appear before a magistrate to post the surety before being released again Thursday.

For the rest of this article purchase a copy of the print edition or subscribe to our E-Edition here http://www.etypeservices.com/The%20Southwest%20TimesID108/

Comments

comments

26 Responses to Harrell released on secured bond: Case delayed a fifth time despite prosecution’s objection

1. Va Girl

March 28, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I predict in 2035 the case will be dismissed (after the 182nd delay).

2. PCHS Alumni

March 28, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I agree VA Girl!

3. anoutsiderlooking in

March 28, 2014 at 6:26 pm

She may get some jail time in Arlington County where family connections will have no bearing on the outcome, but in Pulaski she will get about 1 years probation. And I wonder is she still on the payroll for the school system???

• William

March 29, 2014 at 2:26 am

I would like to know the same question as anoutsiderlooking in asked.Is she still on the payroll for the school system?I also think the rest of you are right.The year 2035 sounds about right.

4. concerned

March 28, 2014 at 7:01 pm

The “good ol’ boy” (in this case-gal) runs rampant in Pulaski County. This does not surprise me in the least!

5. pchsmom

March 28, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I cannot believe she has been given another bond and yet another continuance. I really thought Judge Long would take a more firm stand with this case.

6. karma

March 28, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Angie’s Baby Daddy is Mike Parks who is President Obama’s head of security and ALL strings have been pulled for this common criminal. of course nothing is going to happen since this ruling! It is obvious that would it be you and me we would be put under the jail!
    Angie not only stole money, she stole the livelyhood of the kids that she forgot to send in the paperwork for scholarships. She stole their life! All Strings that can be pulled have been pulled.

7. Larry

March 29, 2014 at 12:04 am

outsiderlooking in I would say you are correct 100%
    But we all know once a thief always a thief.

8. myra

March 29, 2014 at 12:19 am

Angie Harrell was so mean to my daughter during her senior year of school because she said that my daughter didnt pay all of cheerleading fees for two years eariler. I know that all fees were paid. Angie even told me that my daughter might not gradguate with her class if I didnt make a check out to her. So glad that I didnt!! Horrible Person!! Hope shes found guilty one day.

9. Dana

March 29, 2014 at 11:12 am

What kind of family connection does she have? I had never heard of her until she was arrested.

10. Unbelievable

March 29, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Karma: really? Head of the Presidents Security? He is a Secret Service Uniformed Division officer. Which is to say he is a high priced security guard. I assure you he isn’t “head of security” and regardless of your political affiliation it’s a weeeee bit of a stretch to suggest the President, who is a tad busy, ya know with that whole Ukraine thing and running the country, for good or bad, or any of his staff to really see to the affairs of a petty thief from Nowhere, VA. And not for nothing, young Mr. Parks was in his current position under former President Bush. Do you suppose he called in some favors with the former president too, just to be sure she gets off? No, this is just good ole pulaski justice. I agree with an outsiderlookingin. Arlington County, much like the President, won’t give a rat’s hind end who she is and she may see the inside of a jail up there.
    Just please stop making nonsensical remarks.