Warden charged with Class 4 felony child neglect

Samantha Warden, mother of 5-month old Cory Cole who was found dead last week in a wooded area of Draper, has been arrested and charged with Class 4 felony child neglect. She was picked up by Campbell County authorities in Lynchburg Wednesday, Feb. 12, around 9 p.m. More information will be released as soon as it becomes available.

8 Responses to Warden charged with Class 4 felony child neglect

1. oopsidaisy

February 13, 2014 at 9:27 am

This story is getting sadder and darker with every article I read.

2. Patty

February 13, 2014 at 9:54 am

Poor little children , I hope a family member stepping helping those babies , so they don’t live in it ,

3. A real mother

February 13, 2014 at 10:24 am

Sounds to me like someone finally caught on that her stories weren’t matching. I hope the truth finally comes out in this story.

4. sisy

February 13, 2014 at 10:53 am

Just wondering when she went in and kissed baby Cory goodbye before going to her boyfriends did she realize then that maybe baby Cory was dead then, and she left giving herself an alibi. Waiting to see what autopsy shows and how long Cory had actually been deceased before body was recovered. I believe the parents as well as social service let this innocent child down.

5. jasper123

February 13, 2014 at 4:25 pm

i thought the same thing id love to see the lie detector goin with all involved

6. jasper123

February 13, 2014 at 4:26 pm

she did say the baby didnt appear to been hurt there was no sound so it was byebyeand shegave him a kissed bye and the dad

7. ml

February 13, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I agree with most everyone else..This pathetic girl is as guilty as the guy they called a father. I also blame social services for not doing more to protect these helpless innocent little children. I think the system should take this tragedy and think about all the other children they have failed to protect and reconsider the steps to handling reports of Child abuse and neglect. Everyone in the community has been affected by the loss of this beautiful baby boy. It makes me want to hold my kids closer and tighter and they are teenagers. As a mother I could never imagine standing around and letting someone abuse my children. Drugs or no drugs…fear of someone hurting her..whatever Wardens excuse is..she deserves to suffer and be prosecuted to the full extent as well as anyone else who knew about this or witnessed any part of it. As far as the father I’m sure there is someone in jail that will make him “pay” for what he has done and he deserves it.

8. Amber B

February 14, 2014 at 12:56 am

I want to know since she was living with family how they didn’t know about the abuse? None of that makes sense.