Bessie “Irene” Lawson O’Dell

Bessie “Irene” Lawson O’Dell, age 77, of Draper, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014.

Born Oct. 8, 1936 in Pulaski, she was the daughter of the late Stanley Lloyd Lawson and Nannie Bessie Jones Lawson. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Bobby L. O’Dell, brother, Stanley “Sammy” L. Lawson, and sister, Lois Virginia Lawson.

Surviving are her daughters and sons-in-law, Neshia and Tony Dalton of Draper and Kyneathia and Leslie Semones of Hillsville; son and daughter-in-law, Daymond and Regina O’Dell of Draper; grandchildren, Dustin Dalton, Holly and Hannah O’Dell, Eric, Jacob, Savannah and Kory Semones, Mandy Brannock, and five great-grandchildren, Deklyn, Monica and Colten, Tye and Brett, whom she loved dearly; her sisters, Rosella Windle of Draper, Janet Cook of Draper, Emogene Bentley of Pulaski, Nancy and Otis Martin of Draper and Alice and Floyd Wyatt of Wytheville; sister-in-law, Doris H. Lawson of Draper; brother, Ronnie and Mary Lawson of Austinville, and a host of nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held Sunday, Jan. 26, at 2 p.m. from Stevens Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Memorial Christian Church Cemetery, Draper. Visiting will be held Saturday, Jan. 25, at the funeral home, where the family will receive friends 6-8 p.m.

Arrangements by Stevens Funeral Home, Pulaski.

Comments

comments

7 Responses to Bessie “Irene” Lawson O’Dell

1. Anita

January 25, 2014 at 9:23 am

So sorry for your loss. Irene was a wonderful lady and I have many great memories of her when she worked at the hospital. My prayers are with all of you!

2. sherry duncan

January 27, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I worked with Irene in vending at Pulaski hospital. I will have to say I never knew a more honest women. She loved her family. I also helped deliver one on her grandchildren when I worked in O.B. This is a sad loss to me.

3. ROSE MARY O'DELL MOODY

January 28, 2014 at 12:17 pm

So sorry to hear of Aunt Irene’s passing…i just found out about it Sunday evening. I have been out of the country. Neshia, I will give you a call soon.

Rosie

4. Keith Graham

January 28, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I worked with Irene at PCH and she was a wonderful person. Daymond, I am sorry to hear about your mom.

5. Lucille

January 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I thought the world of your mother. She was a great person. My mother thought she was a very sweet person also. You all are in my prayers. I can say I know how you feel. May God Bless all of you.

6. Lisa

January 31, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I was so sorry to hear about Aunt Irene. I wanted so much to be with everyone but circumstances would not allow it, but I hope that you all know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    She was the most kindest, sweetest person. Anytime I saw her she would greet me with a big smile and a warm hug. She was a light to everyone who knew her. She will be missed.

7. Holly Odell

January 31, 2014 at 4:39 pm

My world will be forever changed! You were my heart, my soul, my everything! I hope to be half the women you were!! So glad you got to meet Deklyn before you went away! Im sure you’re tell paw paw all about him!! I love you forever and ever!!

♡♥♡♥♥♡♡