Duncan Suzuki

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Electrical fire damages home

By MELINDA WILLIAMS

melinda@southwesttimes.com

 

An electrical fire is being blamed for a Thursday night fire that damaged a home on Snider Lane, just outside the Pulaski town limits.

Capt. Robbie Kiser of Pulaski Police Department said firefighters were dispatched to a possible structure or flu fire at 2051 Snider Lane around 10:50 p.m. However, the fire turned out to be caused by an electrical problem.

Kiser said the occupants, who were renting the home, realized there was a fire when a light fixture fell out of the ceiling. The first units arriving on the scene found light smoke coming from the attic area.

Firefighters found a small fire in the attic and were able to quickly extinguish it. Kiser said the residence, owned by Bud White, is reparable. Damage was estimated at around $8,000.

The fire department’s 18 personnel were assisted at the scene by REMSI and Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office. Roger Hudson with American Red Cross said the agency responded to the scene and assisted the family of five with lodging and food.

Firefighters were back in service at 12:30 a.m.