Unidentified animal seen on trail cam

My beautiful pictureSubmitted by Roger Williams

Special to the SWT

Can you help identify this animal from the picture shown here?

It is unclear if this is an unverified picture of a “Bigfoot.” It was recently discovered on a “trail cam” placed in the nearby mountains.

It was surprising, to say the least, when I discovered the image on the camera’s disc. What in the world can this be?

Carefully scrutinizing the image, it appears that the right arm shows fingers as the animal grasps the base of the tree stump. It also has elongated feet similar to a man’s appendages. Its fur is matted on the back but thin on the arms and legs. Unfortunately, the head and face are not shown by the image taken.

I think it must be a bear. It has to be a gear, does it not? I hunt this area annually and have seen no sign of a Bigfoot. I have seen bear scat and tracks before, so I can identify them.

No unidentified tracks, droppings, or any other indications of a large upright predator in the woods have ever been found, that I know of.

There were no discernable tracks on the leaf-covered ground near the camera where it was picked up. The mystery remains!

Your input would be appreciated.

Comments

comments

148 Responses to Unidentified animal seen on trail cam

1. Candice Sheets

August 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm

WHERE is this? Mtns around the NRV or elsewhere? Come on…give us more in the report.

2. Sheena

August 26, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Put out some bananas and see if it comes back, it looks like a gorilla.

3. Stacy Brown Jr

August 26, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Roger if you could please contact me I would like to discuss this. I have an investigator in the area and we would love to talk to you.

4. SquatchGod

August 26, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Roger,

Please do not contact Stacy Brown Jr. Contact Dr. Russ Jones from the BFRO.

This is Stacy Brown Jr. Picture speaks for itself.

• Stacy Brown Jr

August 27, 2013 at 9:41 am

Typical bfro move. Talk trash anonymously. Haha. So please tell me what that picture says to you!

5. Eugene Mathena

August 26, 2013 at 11:08 pm

It is or looks to be a young BIGFOOT. I have heard they have made their way to the Appalachian mountains. Gene Mathena,Pulaski.

6. marlene

August 27, 2013 at 12:05 am

That is no Bear I can assure you the arm length is way to long ,look at the length of the front to back, someone should send an investigator out in case this “animal” is a danger to people or house animals

7. Shawn O'Steen

August 27, 2013 at 12:57 am

Roger, it is in fact a bear. The trail cam is overlooking a bait site, and obviously bears have been hitting it pretty hard. This one is not very large, and may be sick and/or coming down with a slight case of mange, which is not common in bears, but it happens, and there are photos online of bears with it. The bear is reaching toward the spot where either the remaining bait is or where is was. Its rear feet are not large compared to its body, and the hind feet of bears are very similar to those of humans, including the tracks they leave behind. Also, the limb proportions are way out of kilter for a human or Sasquatch. The hind legs are very short, like the average bear, and the forelegs are similar. It has no shoulders, and the back, unlike a biped, is rounded and very narrow, as it carries its body mass more like a quadrupedal animal – thicker from the top of the back to the bottom of the belly, but narrow when viewed from the top, like a deer or horse. A bigfoot on all 4s will look like a man on all 4s. The profile of the torso when viewed from the side is very narrow from the back to the chest/belly, but when viewed from the top it will look wide, since our shoulders are out to the side.

• Andrew

August 27, 2013 at 10:35 am

Poor bear. You get stuck out in torrential rain all summer and half the county decides to poke fun at your bad hair day.

Really though, I agree it’s awful scrawny for this time of year. I’m not holding out much it’ll make it through winter with fat reserves like that. Just wait, you’ll probably see it again in a dumpster near you.

• Mark

September 4, 2013 at 8:30 am

Isn’t the front right arm/leg bending the wrong way for an quadruped.

8. joe gallimore

August 27, 2013 at 1:17 am

It is a young black bear. Google the pics and you will see.

9. virginia Jarvis

August 27, 2013 at 2:55 am

The back legs look too thin to be a bear. It looks more apelike to me. I’ve been studying Sasquatch/ bigfoot for 35 years 1000′s of pictures most poor quality but these days little kids with cell phones are snapping pics of them. Dr. Grover Krantz (dec) got me interested with foot print casts of a family who’s child had been crippled, as was I. He went back to their area every year to get more casts until no more appeared. Dr. Jeff Meldrum Anthropology U of Idaho has inherited these and 100′s of other prints. If possible go back and take photos and plaster casts of any prints. These are in the first half of the book of Joshua’s conquests of Caanan in the valley of Hebron. They have human DNA 70% on the mother’s side. Dr. Melba Ketchum of Olympic Research in WA state has done analysis of a pregnant female and her son. I oppose killing them as they seem to want to live alone from us and I respect that.

10. Jeremy