Unidentified animal seen on trail cam

My beautiful pictureSubmitted by Roger Williams

Special to the SWT

Can you help identify this animal from the picture shown here?

It is unclear if this is an unverified picture of a “Bigfoot.” It was recently discovered on a “trail cam” placed in the nearby mountains.

It was surprising, to say the least, when I discovered the image on the camera’s disc. What in the world can this be?

Carefully scrutinizing the image, it appears that the right arm shows fingers as the animal grasps the base of the tree stump. It also has elongated feet similar to a man’s appendages. Its fur is matted on the back but thin on the arms and legs. Unfortunately, the head and face are not shown by the image taken.

I think it must be a bear. It has to be a gear, does it not? I hunt this area annually and have seen no sign of a Bigfoot. I have seen bear scat and tracks before, so I can identify them.

No unidentified tracks, droppings, or any other indications of a large upright predator in the woods have ever been found, that I know of.

There were no discernable tracks on the leaf-covered ground near the camera where it was picked up. The mystery remains!

Your input would be appreciated.

Comments

comments

148 Responses to Unidentified animal seen on trail cam

1. Stephen K. Wood

September 4, 2013 at 11:30 pm

After looking at the pic some more I am going to say Black Bear. It appears to have a tail and Chimps do not have tails. also the torso is too full bodied for a chimp. Chimps are not that fat. Unless this on has really been eating super good. But again there is nothing in the pic for a really good size comparison.

2. Debbie Dalton

September 4, 2013 at 11:35 pm

It looks like a Gorilla. Maybe someone was keeping it as a pet and doesn’t want to come forward with information cause they had it and don’t want to be charged for having it.

3. christina lytton

September 5, 2013 at 1:23 am

Ths is black bear thats verry skinny and probably has an allergy is why hair looks like it does…NO BIGFOOT

4. Joseph Shumate

September 5, 2013 at 4:01 am

Were bouts was this trail cam at? I’m trying to keep track of pictures like this. I’m here in Wythe County, VA

5. Twinky

September 5, 2013 at 6:31 am

Harry Henderson lives

6. Mary

September 5, 2013 at 7:08 am

A black ear with deformed legs.

7. regina

September 5, 2013 at 7:44 am

By the picture it looks like a great ape, due to the narrowing of the hips. Because it has apposable thumbs, it looks more like the ape than a bear. During several past hurricanes, Flordia has lost a bunch of zoo animals, maybe one of their migrated north.

8. frank brown

September 5, 2013 at 7:45 am

BigFoot— for non believers, do you believe skunks exist? rarely see one alive– but dead everywhere you go along the roads– now what if skunks had enough intelligence to want to stay unseen and when one got run over on the highway, others would come and remove it????? People would probably say “Skunks don’t exist”!

9. Kate McIntyre

September 5, 2013 at 8:38 am

This looks like a primate to me as well. A small gorilla maybe? Definitely not a black bear though…

10. SHIRLEYRAINES

September 5, 2013 at 9:07 am

THIS ANIMAL NO ONE SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ADENFIE I SAW ON CLAYTORLAKE STATE PARK A FEW NIGHTS AGO SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME IT LOOKS LIKE A GARRILA OF SOME TYPE IT IS NO BEAR BY NO MEANS IT IS A CROSS BREAD ANIMAL OF SOME TYPE SOME EXPERIMENT THAT WENT WRONG HOW EVER IT IS MORE SCARED OF YOU THEN YOU ARE OF IT