Lee Willard Chinault

Lee Willard Chinault, 87 of Pulaski, passed peacefully Sunday morning, July 14, 2013, in the Salem Veterans Hospital.  He was born in Pulaski, Jan. 28, 1926 and was the son of the late David Thomas Chinault and Dollie Mae Young Chinault.  He was also preceded in death by his wife of 66 years, Audrey Gravley Chinault.

Mr. Chinault was co-owner/operator of West End Garage and a veteran of WWII serving in the U.S. Navy.  He was a very devoted and loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

Surviving are children and spouses, Willard Chinault, Timmy and Donna Chinault, Yvonne and Jeffrey McConnell, all of Pulaski; brother and sister-in-law, Robert and Ethel Chinault of Dublin; sister, Marie Norville of Orlando, Fla.; grandchildren, Sherry Vandyke of Christiansburg, Adam and Sonya Cregger of Hillsville, Reagan McCambridge of Pulaski, Ashley McCambridge of Pulaski, Jessica Chinault and fiancée, Seth Mitchell of Pulaski; great granddaughters, Savannah McCambridge of Pulaski, Kassity McCambridge of Pulaski, Lora Cregger of Hillsville, Audrey Autumn Mitchell of Pulaski, and many nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 1 p.m. from the Stevens Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. Johnny Howlett officiating.  Entombment will follow in the Highland Memory Gardens Mausoleum, Dublin, with Pulaski VFW Post 1184 conducting military graveside rites.

Visiting will be Tuesday evening at the funeral home where the family will receive friends from 6 – 8 p.m.  In lieu of flowers, the family wishes memorials be made to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, P. O. Box 50, Memphis, TN  38105.

Arrangements by Stevens Funeral Home, Pulaski.

Comments

comments

8 Responses to Lee Willard Chinault

1. Amy Richardson

July 16, 2013 at 12:40 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Lee was a sweetheart and he will be missed.

2. Roy Duncan

July 16, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I’am sorry to here about your dad.my thoughts and prays are with all of you.

3. Alden Gravely

July 18, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I’am sorry to here about your dad.my thoughts and prays are with all of you.
    I’m so sorry I missed his funeral. And aunt Audrey

4. timmy chinault

July 21, 2013 at 12:01 am

Thank you all for your comments dad and mom are missed badly, more every day, my life will never be the same again. When you lose both parents in 10 months it is devastating

• Ninny

August 1, 2013 at 10:05 am

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I understand the heartbreak as my mom died in May and my father in September in 1994. Hard enough to lose one, but to lose them so close together is extra hard!!! May God be with you all….

5. Donna Gravley

July 23, 2013 at 8:01 pm

So sorry for your loss, just seen this posted. Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

6. Sandra Weatherford Chinault

August 8, 2013 at 2:15 pm

So sorry to hear of Lee’s death (and Audrey’s too). I was married to Jerry Chinault – I have been away from Pulaski for years, but occasionally I read the SW Times online. I remember many nice times visiting with Lee and Audrey along with Kent and Opal.

7. Julia Denise ( Chinault ) Crawford

August 15, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Timmy & Yvonne,
    I am saddened to hear of the loss of both of your parents.Lee & Audrey were an amazing couple.Just try to hold on to the great memories that they left you with.