Margaret McClanahan Anderson Lee

Mrs. Margaret McClanahan Anderson Lee left this world to be with her Lord on June 6, 2013.  She was born July 29, 1914 to Ellie McClanahan Clark.  Due to death of her mother at an early age, she was raised by her Aunt Mamie and Uncle Cicero Rasby. Mrs. Lee was a domestic worker and attended schools in Pulaski and Christiansburg.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Letcher Lee; sisters, Stella Clark Lottier and Katherine Clark Kimbrough, and brothers, Paul McClanahan and Isaiah Clark Jr.

She leaves to cherish her memory four daughters, Yvonne (Daniel) Brown, Patricia (Fred) Poole of Pulaski, Annette Anderson and Joyce Anderson of Christiansburg, and two sons, Aaron Anderson and Marvin Lee of Pulaski.

Granny, or Big Momma, as the grandkids would call her, also leaves her grandchildren, great grandchildren and a large number of nieces and nephews. She was blessed with three special granddaughters who lovingly aided in her care over the years: Dee Ann Holmes, Michele Brown and Karla Poole.

Funeral service will be Saturday, June 8, 2 p.m. at Randolph United Methodist Church.

The family will receive friends one hour prior to 2 p.m. service time.

Online condolences can be sent to pennsfuneralhome@gmail.com or posted to  HYPERLINK “http://whopassedon.com” \t “_blank” whopassedon.com.

Comments

comments

6 Responses to Margaret McClanahan Anderson Lee

1. Elois Boyer Fisher

June 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm

My deepest condolences for the loss of your mom. I know exactly how that feels. It is an emptiness that seems to never go away however. time makes is more bearable. Annette, please send me an email so that we can keep in touch.

2. Felecia Simmons

June 7, 2013 at 1:24 pm

To Marvin and the rest of your family. We are so sorry to hear about your mom.She was a sweet lady. I enjoyed the talks and visits we had. May God bless you.Felecia.

3. judy whitt

June 9, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Pat, Fred children

and grand children. My heart goes out to you. No matter when it happens it is hard to give up a parent . Just try to think back to the good years you had with her before her illness got her. And especially you Pat were such a good care giver to you Mom. All the employees at the rehab said Mrs Lee had the best daughter in the world meaning you were always faithfull to her. Love and prayers Judy W.

4. Janice Forbes

June 10, 2013 at 6:30 am

Dear Annette, Fred and family, I am so sorry for your loss. May God grant you peace and may you know that others are thinking about you and your family during this time of grief.

Love and prayers,

Janice & David Forbes

5. Mark McGlothlin

June 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Marvin and family:

I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and keep you in your time of sorrow.

6. JT Fllynn

June 29, 2013 at 1:39 am

Marvin, Patrica and Family, today I just became aware of the passing of your mother. I am so sorry of your loss. You are in my prayers.