Darin Matthew Conner

Darin Matthew Conner, 6, of Pulaski, left this earthly life on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 to be a little angel in heaven.

Darin was born July 22, 2006 in Blacksburg and was in first grade at Pulaski Elementary School. He was a loving little boy and was much loved by his family and friends. The family would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support they have received.

He is survived by his parents, Matt and Sandy Conner; brother, Dylan Thomas Conner of Pulaski; grandparents, Billy and Sue Conner of Pulaski, and Leroy and Lola Lytton of Dublin, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. A special thank you to great-aunt Diane Mabry.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, May 11 at 11 a.m. from the Stevens Funeral Home Chapel with Pastor Terrie Sternberg officiating.  Entombment will follow in the Highland Memory Gardens Mausoleum, Dublin.

Visiting will be Friday evening at Stevens Funeral Home, where the family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m.  In lieu of flowers, the family wishes memorials be made to the National Bank, C/O Darin Conner Memorial Fund, 250 Washington Ave., Pulaski, VA 24301.

Jesus said, “Suffer the little children to come unto me…for of such is the Kingdom of God.”

Comments

comments

10 Responses to Darin Matthew Conner

1. Joanne

May 9, 2013 at 6:20 pm

We are so sorry to learn of your son’s passing. Matt and Sandy and family, you are in our thoughts and prayers!! If there is anything at all in your time of need, please contact us!! Darin was a very sweet and and very loved little boy!! May god be with you in your time of need.

2. Linda Stephens

May 9, 2013 at 7:57 pm

My prayers go out to you I know what it is like to loose a son. there is nothing I can say to make it better. However, if there’s anything I can do just let me know. God Bless You in this time of confusion and greaf.

3. Terri Umberger

May 9, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Heartbroken for your family…Praying for you all. Sending love and asking God to comfort you all. God Bless You!

4. Tonya

May 10, 2013 at 8:24 am

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have a six year old girl and I couldn’t even begin to imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. He is in a much better place that we are. My heart goes out to you and your family.

5. Amy Richardson

May 10, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Matt and Sandy, You guys are in all of our thoughts and prayers. O Christ, may we lean toward you as you lean toward us; may we find in each other strenght for the journey. Amen. If there is anything we can do for you , please give us a call.

6. Leslie Turner

May 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Your beautiful son is perfect in heaven right now, but I know you would prefer to have him in your arms. Although you will be incomplete until you are with him again, let the knowledge that you will hold him again somehow grant you some peace. I didn’t know Darin, but I do have a 6 year old myself, and I know the joy of that love. My heart breaks for you, and I am praying for your family.

7. Fran Steigerwald

May 10, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Words cannot express this loss. May you feel the love and light surrounding you!

8. Hailee

May 10, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I want you to know I have your family in my prayers and I pray that God will pour his love, comfort and peace upon you all. My son is in 1st grade at PES, the class that was next to Darin’s and I feel so much heartbreak for you all. Just know that there are people who are praying for you all to have the strength to get through this.

9. Crystal Martin

May 11, 2013 at 8:27 am

Matt and Sandy, You have been and will remain in my thoughts and prayers. I can’t imagine the pain and heartbreak you are feeling. Darin will always live in your hearts.

10. Jason E Wright

May 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Matt and Sandy, our prayers are still with yall during this time.