Geraldine “Gerri” Lawson Meade

Geraldine “Gerri” Lawson Meade, 69, of Pulaski, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 in LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski.  She was born in Tazewell County on April 12, 1943 and was the daughter of the late Archie P. Lawson and Mildred Fields Lawson.  Gerri was a member of the Max Creek Baptist Church with many special friends.

She is survived by her husband, Charles Douglas Meade, to whom she was happily married for 47 years; son and daughter-in-law, Skipper and Lynn Meade; grandchildren, Frankie D. Meade, Wesley P. Meade and Madison M. Meade; a step-granddaughter, Courtney R. Duncan; sister and brother-in-law, Elizabeth and Ronnie McGlothin; sisters-in-law and spouses, Joy and Ronnie Harden, and Nancy and James Stuart, and special friend, Amanda Meade.

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 1 p.m. from Max Creek Baptist Church with the Rev. Mike Coleman officiating.  Burial will follow in Highland Memory Gardens, Dublin.  Visiting will be held Wednesday at the church where the family will receive friends from noon until the service hour.

Arrangements by Stevens Funeral Home, Pulaski.

Comments

comments

7 Responses to Geraldine “Gerri” Lawson Meade

1. BRENDA COCHRAN

February 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Gerri was a good person and grandmother. She will be sorely missed.

2. Jane Newman

February 19, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Gerri was one of my special friends for many years. Going on trips and especially Church for many many years. Oh how I will miss her. When down and upset we could call each other and try to sort out the problems. I know GOD makes no mistakes and some day I’ll see her again in Heaven. Her passing will leave an empty spot in my heart. Until we meet again my dear friend I say good bye.

3. Robin High Pockets Brightwell

February 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm

my deepest sympathy to Doug and his family

4. Frances & Andy Whited

February 20, 2013 at 2:49 pm

My sincere sympathy to you, Doug & Skipper.Gerri was a dear niece. I loved her very much.

5. Bob & Lynda Semones

February 22, 2013 at 12:54 pm

We just read of Gerri’s death and would like to extend our deepest sympathy to Doug and family. We made some fun memories together when we were younger and loved to dance.

6. BRENDA COCHRAN

February 25, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Thinking of all you guys daily. Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.

7. Kyle & Doris Glass

March 6, 2013 at 8:14 am

Our families met 38 yrs ago as neighbors. We all became very close to each other (like family). Doug, Gerri, and Skipper were all a huge part of our lives and we truley treasure their love and friendship and many, many fond memories!Doug, Skipper and family, you remain in our hearts and prayers forever. I can truley say Gerri was like a sister to me.