Duncan Suzuki

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Restaurant fire deemed electrical

By MELINDA WILLIAMS

melinda@southwesttimes.com

A fire that left Diza’s Dawg House in Dublin a total loss Jan. 19 was caused by an electrical short, according to Dublin’s fire marshal.

Robbie Cecil said an electrical connection in a junction box on top of the walk-in freezer sparked the approximately 6:28 p.m. blaze that caused “extreme fire and smoke damage” throughout the 278 Cleburne Blvd. business.

The restaurant had already closed for the day and was unoccupied when the fire broke out, according to Dublin Fire Chief Ronnie McClure. Heavy smoke was pouring from the building when McClure arrived on the scene.

He estimated the value of the business at $250,000 and the contents at $125,000. Jack Dunavant of Roanoke owns the building.

Comments

comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login