Karlie Howard Fagg

Karlie Howard Fagg, age 73, of Pulaski, passed away Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013 at LewisGale Hospital–Montgomery.

He was born in Pulaski, Sept. 19, 1939, and was the son of the late Kenneth Fred Fagg and Lona Harrell Fagg.  In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, Billy Eugene Fagg.

He is survived by his loving family, Doris Trail Fagg of 52 years; daughters, Shelia and Al Smith and Sherry and Robert Williams; four grandchildren, Katlyn Smith, Blake Smith, Hunter Williams and Trevor Williams, all of Fairlawn, and one brother, Kenneth and Leona Fagg of Pulaski.

Mr. Fagg was a member of the Dora Highway Baptist Church of Pulaski.  He proudly served his country in the U.S. Army Reserve for eight years, and was a member of American Legion Post 7.  He was a retired employee of Kroger, after serving 42 years.  He was a member of Masonic Pythagoras Lodge 239 A.F. & A.M., where he served as past master, and was a member of the Kazim Shrine, New River Valley Shrine and Character Club.

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, Jan. 30, at 2 p.m. at Seagle Funeral Home, with the Rev. Harry Gunter officiating.  Interment will follow in Highland Memory Gardens, Dublin.  The family will receive friends 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, at the funeral home, with a Masonic Service being held at 8 p.m. All friends and family are welcome to attend.

The family will also receive friends on Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013 from 1 p.m. until the service time of 2 p.m. at the funeral home. Flowers are appreciated, but for those who wish, memorials may be made in Howard’s memory to the Dora Highway Baptist Church, Pulaski, or to the Pythagoras Masonic Lodge, 33 Fourth St. N.W., Pulaski, VA 24301.

Arrangements by Seagle Funeral Home, Pulaski, 980-1700.

8 Responses to Karlie Howard Fagg

1. Jane Harrell Williamson

January 29, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Dearest Doris, Sheila, Sherry, Harrell and families: You have my deepest and sincere sympathy in the loss of Howard. He was a wonderful wonderful man and a favorite cousin. I have such wonderful wonderful memories of him and Harrell and all you guys. I wish with all my heart I could be there tomorrow but due to my health, I am not able to. You guys will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you. I love you guys.

Jane

• Shelia Smith

January 30, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Jane,
      Thank you for your kind words about my daddy. He was a wonderful man and if anyone had the opportunity to ever meet him you knew he was a godly man. His contagious smile and giving heart will be missed by many. I will pass your message along to my mother, sister and to Harrell and family. Lots of love. Shelia

2. Cathy

January 30, 2013 at 8:01 am

Shelia, Sherry and families we are praying for you all in your time of loss. Our hearts go out to you all your Father was a very nice and wonderful man. You are all in our prayers. The Draper Family

3. Cindy Carrico

January 30, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Sherry and family, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I’m praying for you all.

• Sherry Fagg-Williams

February 2, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Cindy thank you for the sweet words of comfort and prayer. I am also so sorry to hear about your Dad. When looking at our condolences I seen your Dads. God, Family and Friends will get us through these most difficult days. We will be praying for you and your family also. Shelia my sister said Ronnies Mom passed away a week or so ago. Please give him and Samantha our love and prayers also. This is a process of live and we will get strenght to uphold us all.

4. Shelia Smith

January 30, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Cathy and family,
    thank you for your kinds words. My father was a wonderful man and will be missed by many. Please continue to pray for us as the days ahead will be very difficult. Shelia and family

5. Regina Fields

February 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Sherry, Sheila and family:

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. I want you to know you and the entire family will be in my constant thoughts and prayers. It is never easy losing a loved one but I know there is a celebration in heaven as another child of God’s has come home. You have the peace to know your dad is in a much better place and you will see him again in your heavenly home. May God wrap his everlasting arms around you to provide peace and comfort in the days ahead. God bless. Regina

• Shelia

February 9, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Regina,
      Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers and such kind words of hope,love and celebration. We like you know that one day we will once again see our dad and the many other loved ones that have passed before us as enter heaven’s gates. Until then we are depending on God’s love and grace to lead, guide and direct us daily.