By MELINDA WILLIAMS
A house on Black Hollow Road was damaged by fire Sunday.
Dublin Fire Chief Ronnie McClure said the department was dispatched to 4219 Black Hollow Road just before noon Sunday. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a fire that broke out inside the chimney had spread into the wall around the chimney and into a bedroom on the second floor.
McClure said firefighters had to tear out the walls around the chimney on the first, second and attic floors of the residence to extinguish the blaze. Newbern, Pulaski and Fairlawn fire departments were called to assist Dublin.
The house was owned by the late Judge A. Dow Owens, but was occupied by Dale Richardson, Richardson’s wife, and their two daughters, according to McClure.
He said Dublin responded to the fire with four pieces of fire equipment and 18 firefighters. Newbern brought two tankers and 16 firefighters, Pulaski brought one engine and seven firefighters, and Fairlawn brought its air truck and two firefighters. The air truck is used to refill firefighters’ air tanks.
The last unit cleared the scene at 3:13 p.m.