Sally Ann Farley

Sally Ann Farley, 80, of 5650 Thornspring Road, Pulaski, died Monday, Sept. 10, 2012, in LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski.

She was born in Kathern, W.Va., April 9, 1932 and was the daughter of the late Williams H. McDaniel and Lorena Holiday McDaniel. She was preceded in death by a brother, William Howard McDaniel. She was a retired employee of Pulaski Community Hospital.

Surviving are her husband of 61 years, Alfred L. Farley Sr.; children and spouses, Lind and Deborah Farley, John and Sara Thomas, Angela and Rick Slate, Benny and Chin Snell, James Snell and C.J. Mullins; grandchildren, William Farley, Shannon Blankenship, Ski Thomas, Travis Arehart, Joshua Arehart, Keith Snell and Kimberly Snell, and great-grandchildren, Kellyn Blakenship, Parker Blankenship, Little Will Blankenship, Bradon Arehart, Conner Arehart, Malik Berry and Makai Snell.

Funeral service will be held Wednesday at 2 p.m. from Stevens Funeral Home Chapel with Dr. C.R. Conner officiating. Entombment will follow in Highland Memory Gardens Mausoleum, Dublin. Visiting will be Wednesday from the funeral home, where the family will receive friends from 1 p.m. until the service hour.

Arrangements by Stevens Funeral Home, Pulaski.

Comments

comments

7 Responses to Sally Ann Farley

1. Hunter & Shelva Arehart

September 11, 2012 at 7:58 pm

We are so sorry about your loss. We will remember Sally as a friendly, happy lady.

May God give you peace in knowing that she is with Jesus. Sincerely, Hunter & Shelva

2. Elbert and Mary Ann McMillen

September 12, 2012 at 5:36 pm

We were so saddened to hear of Sally’s death. Our hearts and prayers go out to you, Alfred, the children, grandchildren, and the rest of her family, and we will continue to lift you up in the days and weeks to follow. Sally had such a beautiful spirit, and we know that love will never leave you.

3. Jane Orr

September 13, 2012 at 9:45 am

I was forerly married to Dr. Yama, and remember Sally as being a very sweet, caring person. I am sending my thoughts to all her family. I am sorry to read of your loss.

4. Robin High Pockets Brightwell

September 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Alfred,I am very sorry for your loss,if there is anything I can do just let me know ,your friend HIGH POCKETS

5. Linda Atkinson

September 18, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of Sally. I worked in the Emergency Room for 25 years. Sally and I shared a lot of shifts together. She always had a smile. She tried to make all laugh. I only have good thoughts of her. She was a dear friend. She was the boss of xray. We all loved her. Thanks for having all of us think good thoughts.

6. JUDITH B. TURNER

September 20, 2012 at 2:16 am

I AM SO SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.SALLY WILL BE GREATLY MISSED BY ALL HER FRIENDS IN THE LABORATORY.

7. Pat Holliday Overholser

October 9, 2012 at 10:42 am

What a shock to learn a month late that my dear cousin has passed away. Just last year she had begun calling me about once a month to share old memories. I had also visited her year before last at her home in Pulaski and was so happy to again see her smiling face. May you rest in peace Sally. We loved you.
    Patti