Duncan Suzuki

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Veterans service to be outside old courthouse

The public is invited to stop by Pulaski County’s old courthouse building Saturday, Dec. 5 for a special program entitled “A Remembrance of Veterans and Members of the Armed Forces.”
The event begins at 2 p.m. with a remembrance at the War Memorial outside the stone courthouse building at 52 West Main Street in Pulaski. It is sponsored by Pulaski County Citizens Courthouse Exhibits Committee and Pulaski County Board of Supervisors.
Immediately following the remembrance ceremony, citizens are invited to head inside the courthouse for an open house to view “Veterans’ trees” decorated with photographs of veterans and active military who lived or have lived in Pulaski County at some time. Cookies and apple cider will be served.
Local Historian R. Lloyd Mathews will be on hand during the open house to autograph his book, “Pulaski County, Virginia, an Historic & Descriptive Sketch, 1907-2007.”
Citizens are also encouraged to visit the newest display, “Early Churches of Pulaski County,” which will be a permanent exhibit in the Pulaski County Old Courthouse and open to the public following the Veterans Remembrance.
The display, located on the third floor, features 22 churches that were established prior to 1878. It includes sketches of New Dublin Presbyterian Church as the earliest church (established in its present location in 1781); Page’s Meeting House, the first Methodist church west of the Alleghany Mountains (erected in 1975 and dating back to 1773); and Old Harmony Meeting House in Draper, a “Mother Church,” founded in 1808.

Comments

comments

Veterans service to be outside old courthouse

The public is invited to stop by Pulaski County’s old courthouse building Saturday, Dec. 5 for a special program entitled “A Remembrance of Veterans and Members of the Armed Forces.”
The event begins at 2 p.m. with a remembrance at the War Memorial outside the stone courthouse building at 52 West Main Street in Pulaski. It is sponsored by Pulaski County Citizens Courthouse Exhibits Committee and Pulaski County Board of Supervisors.
Immediately following the remembrance ceremony, citizens are invited to head inside the courthouse for an open house to view “Veterans’ trees” decorated with photographs of veterans and active military who lived or have lived in Pulaski County at some time. Cookies and apple cider will be served.
Local Historian R. Lloyd Mathews will be on hand during the open house to autograph his book, “Pulaski County, Virginia, an Historic & Descriptive Sketch, 1907-2007.”
Citizens are also encouraged to visit the newest display, “Early Churches of Pulaski County,” which will be a permanent exhibit in the Pulaski County Old Courthouse and open to the public following the Veterans Remembrance.
The display, located on the third floor, features 22 churches that were established prior to 1878. It includes sketches of New Dublin Presbyterian Church as the earliest church (established in its present location in 1781); Page’s Meeting House, the first Methodist church west of the Alleghany Mountains (erected in 1975 and dating back to 1773); and Old Harmony Meeting House in Draper, a “Mother Church,” founded in 1808.

Comments

comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login