Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Rain may finally be going away

Rain, rain and more rain has been a main topic of conversation among residents in Pulaski County and across Southwest Virginia over the past week.
In the past 48 hours, the highest rainfall measurements throughout Pulaski County and the local area have been measured as the following:
•Back Creek- 0.72 in.
•Caseknife Station- 1.60 in.
•NRV Airport- 0.76 in.
•Peak Creek- 0.64 in.
•Cove Mountain- 1.15 in.
These measurements were collected from the Automated Flood Warning System, at www.afws.net.
The recent heavy rainfall has not led to any road closings in Pulaski County. However, roads in Montgomery, Carroll, Smyth and Wythe counties have been closed in the past 48 hours due to flooding and washouts, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Information regarding road conditions and closings can be accessed through VDOT’s website at 511virginia.org.
As for the weather forecast for the next few days, more rain is still a possibility. The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has forecasted scattered showers and thunderstorms for this afternoon, with a 40 percent chance of rain, a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms on Friday with a 20 percent chance of rain, and a chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday with a 40 percent chance of rain.

Comments

comments

Rain may finally be going away

Rain, rain and more rain has been a main topic of conversation among residents in Pulaski County and across Southwest Virginia over the past week.
In the past 48 hours, the highest rainfall measurements throughout Pulaski County and the local area have been measured as the following:
•Back Creek- 0.72 in.
•Caseknife Station- 1.60 in.
•NRV Airport- 0.76 in.
•Peak Creek- 0.64 in.
•Cove Mountain- 1.15 in.
These measurements were collected from the Automated Flood Warning System, at www.afws.net.
The recent heavy rainfall has not led to any road closings in Pulaski County. However, roads in Montgomery, Carroll, Smyth and Wythe counties have been closed in the past 48 hours due to flooding and washouts, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Information regarding road conditions and closings can be accessed through VDOT’s website at 511virginia.org.
As for the weather forecast for the next few days, more rain is still a possibility. The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has forecasted scattered showers and thunderstorms for this afternoon, with a 40 percent chance of rain, a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms on Friday with a 20 percent chance of rain, and a chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday with a 40 percent chance of rain.

Comments

comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login