Duncan Suzuki

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Electrical fire causes estimated $5,000 in damages to home

An electrical fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to a house off Thaxton Road Monday.
Pulaski Fire Chief Bill Webb said the department received the call at 11:27 a.m. and found smoke coming from the attic when they arrived on the scene.
He said no flames were visible, and they were having difficulty locating the source of the problem, so the department’s thermal imaging camera was used.
Webb explained that the camera renders items in terms of their temperature, so sources of heat can more easily be distinguished.
“We were able to run (the camera’s viewfinder) across the ceiling and determine where it was hotter,” Webb said.
He pointed out that electrical wiring is usually covered by insulation, thus making it harder to pinpoint electrical problems.
An electrical connection in the ceiling was determined to be the cause of the smoke.
The home, at 4582 Thaxton Road, is owned by Charles Surratt.
It was being occupied by Melissa Dowdy, Webb said.
The fire department responded with two pieces of equipment and 16 people. They were back in service at 2 p.m.

Electrical fire causes estimated $5,000 in damages to home

An electrical fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to a house off Thaxton Road Monday.
Pulaski Fire Chief Bill Webb said the department received the call at 11:27 a.m. and found smoke coming from the attic when they arrived on the scene.
He said no flames were visible, and they were having difficulty locating the source of the problem, so the department’s thermal imaging camera was used.
Webb explained that the camera renders items in terms of their temperature, so sources of heat can more easily be distinguished.
“We were able to run (the camera’s viewfinder) across the ceiling and determine where it was hotter,” Webb said.
He pointed out that electrical wiring is usually covered by insulation, thus making it harder to pinpoint electrical problems.
An electrical connection in the ceiling was determined to be the cause of the smoke.
The home, at 4582 Thaxton Road, is owned by Charles Surratt.
It was being occupied by Melissa Dowdy, Webb said.
The fire department responded with two pieces of equipment and 16 people. They were back in service at 2 p.m.