Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Local laundry suffers damage

PULASKI — A fire at a downtown laundry Saturday resulted in about $25,000 in damage, including some smoke damage throughout the structure.
Pulaski Fire Department Chief Bill Webb said the fire marshal determined the blaze at Main Street Laundry started as the result of items being stored too close to a dryer vent. Although the business was closed when the fire started, employees had been gone only about two hours.
Webb said it will be possible to repair damage at the West Main Street business. However, he said the section of the building where the fire occurred is “out of business” at present.
A woman who answered the phone at the business this morning said they are hoping to be able to have laundry processed at another business while repairs are made.
The fire was reported at 2:13 p.m. and the first fire unit was on the scene by 2:14 p.m.
Four pieces of equipment and 23 firefighters responded from the Pulaski department and Dublin Volunteer Fire Department assisted with one engine and five firefighters.
Webb said there were no injuries in the firefighting effort. However, the 90-degree temperatures made it “hard on our personnel.”
It was 5:02 p.m. before the department was back in service.
Webb estimated 2,500 gallons of water was used on the fire.

Comments

comments

Local laundry suffers damage

PULASKI — A fire at a downtown laundry Saturday resulted in about $25,000 in damage, including some smoke damage throughout the structure.
Pulaski Fire Department Chief Bill Webb said the fire marshal determined the blaze at Main Street Laundry started as the result of items being stored too close to a dryer vent. Although the business was closed when the fire started, employees had been gone only about two hours.
Webb said it will be possible to repair damage at the West Main Street business. However, he said the section of the building where the fire occurred is “out of business” at present.
A woman who answered the phone at the business this morning said they are hoping to be able to have laundry processed at another business while repairs are made.
The fire was reported at 2:13 p.m. and the first fire unit was on the scene by 2:14 p.m.
Four pieces of equipment and 23 firefighters responded from the Pulaski department and Dublin Volunteer Fire Department assisted with one engine and five firefighters.
Webb said there were no injuries in the firefighting effort. However, the 90-degree temperatures made it “hard on our personnel.”
It was 5:02 p.m. before the department was back in service.
Webb estimated 2,500 gallons of water was used on the fire.

Comments

comments

You must be logged in to post a comment Login